Here's some more design work for my portfolio project of a Polynesian re-imagining of The Sword in the Stone. I'm really much more of a character designer but I'm trying to develop my skills in other areas. The bottom image was done a few weeks before the final image (top) I wasn't happy with the relatively flat composition so I went back to doing a few thumbnails with more dynamic camera angles. I moved the hut back into the edge of the jungle to make it more integrated with the environment and also used a bolder technique which I prefer to the original image. Overall I'm much happier with the final piece!