Sunday 29 January 2012

Christmas Card 2011



Ok, let's pretend it's not nearly the end of January...Here's my Christmas card from last year (or last month!) I didn't want to post it before everyone received theirs in the post but unfortunately once I got back to work it got slightly forgotten about! 


However, here it is. It took quite a few evenings after work to create. It's a combination of 2D and 3D and is based on an idea I have had for a while; I love depicting scenes of contrasting warmth and colour and you don't get much more contrasting than a cold, Christmas Eve with snow and the glowing warmth of a child's bedroom. I wanted to capture the wonder and excitement of a child at Christmas looking out for Father Christmas. 


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and that the January blues haven't been too bad! 



No comments:

Post a Comment